Wednesday, January 1, 2014

To My Bible Study Sisters

What an awesome year! I began my first ever in the history of Amy bible study. It was Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself, a study in the Fruit of the Spirit. Thankfully I was ignorant going in. If I had know how intense Beth Moore was, I would have declined. Like I said, I was ignorant and jumped in. So glad I did. It was such an experience. I learned so much, met some great new sisters, and deepened a relationship. 

After 10 weeks of Beth, I jumped into another bible study. This time it was UnGlued by Lisa TerKyrst. While this study wasn't "bad", I found myself wanting more Bible knowledge. Unglued focused more on self-help than scripture. 

A good friend asked me if I would be willing to host a bible study at my home. Of course! May brought 8 women, a few I knew and some I didn't, into my living room to study God's Word. This was pretty emotional for me. I always saw myself hosting parties and the such, but not bible studies. You see, my past is not my present. And fitting that our study was Beth Moore's Breaking Free. 

August saw more thirst for knowledge and another good friend suggested BSF. Not only would I learn, but so would Thatcher and Reagan. We began going through the book of Matthew and it has been great! Reagan amazes me with what he can tell me from his lessons. We will continue through Matthew until the end of April. 

Through these bible studies, God has not only revealed His truth and hope to me. He has given me the gift of sisterhood. A band of gals who all thirst for Him and aren't afraid to lay down our fears, our failures, our triumphs or afraid to sharpen when we need it. 

You all know who you are and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings us. God has our back. 
Isaiah 61

No comments:

Post a Comment