The people walking in darkness have seen a great light
It is 8:00pm and the boys are asleep. This NEVER happens! They have had a pretty full day. This is the first time I have ever really celebrated Advent. We had a super cute mouse Advent calendar when I grew up (and hopefully it will be passed down to me- ahem- little brother). Our church's early childhood ministry is using Truth in the Tinsel's curriculum. I love it so much that we've decided to use the home curriculum too! I got started a little late (last night), but the boys didn't seem to mind that it isn't completely finished.
When they woke up this morning, they found:
For breakfast, the boys had toast that I had cut out with a sun cookie cutter, because the sun gives us light ;)
I taught the preschool class at our church. We had so much fun playing with flashlights, singing Christmas carols, and learning how Jesus brought light into our dark world. I always learn so much from "teaching" those little ones.
After a trip to McDonald's and my conquering of the Sewing Machine From Hell, we sat down to dinner and The Polar Express Movie. The boys love that movie so much. More on that to come.....
And finally, Advent time! A couple weeks ago, the moms from church got together and made Advent wreaths. R&T have been itching to light them up!After reading our scripture verse, Daddy helped Reagan get the 1st Advent jar down, and the boys excitedly pulled out the contents. Today's had our scripture (Isaiah 9:2), the first of the Advent chain (light), our supplies for today's ornament, and of course, candy! Chocolate for Thatcher and Starburst for Reagan. They were more interested in the candy than the craft :).
Thank you for reading and enjoy this Advent Season!!!
|amy|
No comments:
Post a Comment